Tuesday 17 April 2012

First Steps of Research: Colleen Atwood

B mentioned Colleen Atwood in her pitch whose work I absolutely adore! I thought the simplest way for me to start would be to get a few images of her work just to define the style and feel that we'll be working towards.

I've just got a few simple starter images,of both children and adults to get a general view for inspiration. 


Sweeney Todd (2007)
Katrina Van Tassle, Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Young Lady Van Tassel and her sister, Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Katrina Van Tassel, Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Designs for Alice, Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Johanna, Sweeney Todd (2007)
For the girl there are 2 key things from Colleen Atwood's designs that I want to transfer to my own, volume in the skirt and detail in the sleeve. I find that with her designs it's often the small details that really make the costume amazing. 

For the boy it will be relatively simple, but here are a couple images of young boys in her designs. 

Young Ichabod Crane, Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Toby, Sweeney Todd (2007)

I will look into her work in more detail in my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment