Saturday 24 March 2012

Final Choice and Next Steps

So as I said in my previous post, after my tutorial with Bunny Winter I have decided on using Lord John Stuart and his Brother, Lord Bernard Stuart. 


After seeing The Anatomy Lesson of Dr Nicolaes Tulp transformed into a scene at a tattoo parlour I was so drawn to the comedy side of it as well as the alternative feel and I wanted to achieve something that also encapsulated that comedy in creating something a bit different. After the idea of recreating this as two 21st century Roller Derby girls sprung into my head I haven't been able to shake it as its such a personal love of mine. I've since been focusing a lot in my sketchbook on the key shapes and lines I want to replicate using the Roller Derby gear.

The idea is to turn the image of these wealthy 17th century men completely upside down, firstly by making them women, and more importantly by adorning them in the essential Roller Derby gear and giving them a bit of Roller Derby attitude. 

The next step is to look at the gear itself and how I can replicate the shapes, lines and colours with it. 

Images courtesy of the Dorset Roller Girls




No comments:

Post a Comment